Never Will Be My Renewal


Goodbye,
I wrote it with my heart,
small drops of red
flooded with tears.

I grew tired of wishes
written on hope.

Your promises to change
shattered into lies
as soon as you spoke them.

Never, who made
up the silly phrase,
“Never say never?”

It must have been
an optimist that
 couldn’t see
the truth for stars
in her eyes.

Never will be my renewal.

I will rise from the ashes
of my wasted faith in you
to never return to this pain.


©Susie Clevenger 2012
Disclaimer: It isn't about me. Just in a mood
to write a broken heart poem inspired by Adele. :)







Comments

kaykuala said…
How sad! The laments of a broken heart (noted wasn't you) Nice write Susie and a catchy tune in the video!

Hank
Susie Swanson said…
Although it's sad, you captured it so well..I love the song too.