Behold a Firefly Jar

© Kerry O’Connor 

Kerry O'Conner at Real Toads told us about her firefly jar where  she saves bits and pieces of prose and poems that struck her as having the power to shine in the dark. She challenged us to write our own poetic fragments and share them. 


I gathered up some of my journals I have stashed all over the house to show how I am never without pen and paper to jot down whatever inspiration my muse sends my way.


My laptop is where I transfer my scribbles into readable print. 



Firefly Fragments


Speak grace
with your lips
so karma
will return with joy.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Your past
is what you were.
Let go of it
and point your heart
toward what you can
become.

~~~~~~~~~~~

We cry over spilt milk
when it was our hands
that overfilled the glass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I see a sunrise
and never think
of the science
that brought it…
to me it is glory
and welcome,
a gift to breathe
in another day.


©Susie Clevenger

Comments

Grace said…
How nice to see your work/writing area Susie ~ I love your fragments specially the second and third ones ~
Anonymous said…
Very pretty and wise pieces = they work together. You are very right about the spilled milk! k.
Ella said…
I loved all that you shared, but the last one was my fav~ I too don't analyze the view, just enJOY it~
Beautiful and fun to see your space!
Hannah said…
These are wonderful! Love to see where you work, too! The first is so zen-like and the one on spilled milk made me ponder...was thinking about how greed will only bring distress in the end.

Much enjoyed, Susie.
Sreeja said…
Elegant .....loved the pics.....I agree with Ella...
kaykuala said…
This is a revelation, Susie! You've shared some private matters that can enhance. Nicely Susie!

Hank
Kerry O'Connor said…
These are superb, Susie. Each an excellent example of poetic thought in action. I really related to your metaphor of the spilt milk: when things go wrong it is all too common that we try to blame someone else for what happened.
Margaret said…
it was our hands
that overfilled the glass.

... and yet, we do it again and again. :) Lovely idea, having notebooks stashed in different corners of the house. I'll have to go out and buy me some pretty ones.
Marian said…
aw. split milk, wah.
Sherry Blue Sky said…
Susie, these are GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!! Each one so beautiful and perfect. My fave is the grace-lips-karma one. WOW!
hedgewitch said…
These are lovely Susie--your notebook system looks a lot like mine. (I even have one stuffed in the front seat divider of the car.) I especially like the simplicity of the second, but the last is beautiful also.
Archna Sharma said…
These are such beautiful inspirations, Susie. I love the second and fourth, an honor of light and evolution. It's lovely to see a bit of your space also. :)