My Heart Crashed Against the Stars

My heart crashed
against the stars
when you
looked into
my eyes
and saw the
poetry written there

I am all smile and humor
to a world that doesn’t
care to look inside,
but you saw past my facade
into the sonnet I had
written with my tears.

Love had once come
whispering a promise
to leave telling a lie.
My heart became a recluse
penning lines of sorrow.

Can I trust the hope
that wants to erase
yesterday’s anguish?
You stand there
reading my verses
with your eyes asking
me to let you inside.

I am not made of stone
but of passion.
I want to love again.
I feel your heart wanting mine.
Tiny steps is all I can take,
I will take my first with you.

© Copyright Susie Clevenger 2011








Comments

made of passion, not stone,

love your soft heart.

smiles.
feel free to share with us as well.