Sweet Dreams



Sweet dreams,
come to me
as soon as
my head lies
upon my silken
pillow.
I wish to escape
the sharp edges
of my day.
                                       
Transport me
in your veil
to fantasy’s shore.
Let my mind
be freed from
a world that
plays tug of war
with my emotions,
drawing me one moment
into sublimity, the next
pulling me into
the abyss .

I wish to play
In the sand
of imagination,
walk its beaches
sparkling with enchantment,
hear the sea
sing its siren’s song
to my heart.

Dreams, I have
had too much reality
in this long day.
I await your visitation.
Please come quickly.


©Susie Clevenger 2011


Comments

vivinfrance said…
Ah, those dreams. I wish them to come true for you - but don't leave your head in the sand for too long! Life IS for living.
Beautiful lyrics, Christmas is endearing,
These days I wish peace and happiness come to your house.
Happy Holidays!.
a hug.
this speaks for all troubled souls everywhere.may the blessed days ring in more sweet dreams, and perhaps a better reality.
Kerry O'Connor said…
This is very beautiful, with the lilting cadence of a lullaby and a mood of serenity.
Jinksy said…
Aahh! I think I have a dream for everyone on my blog today!
Marian said…
i wanna play on that beach, too :)
Laurie Kolp said…
A great meditation for the end of the day!
Sherry Blue Sky said…
Oh I so relate! The sweet relief of sleep, and dreams! Beautifully written.
Adura Ojo said…
Love this, Susan Speaks to my current frame of mind. Personification of dreams is a powerful tool that draws the reader in. Thanks for sharing.
Rossandra said…
Soo restful. Lovely.
Kay L. Davies said…
So lovely, Susie. I wish all dreams could be respite from the day.
K
Fireblossom said…
Oh yes. I love sleep, and seek it as eagerly as this poem portrays.
Anonymous said…
but i always wake up again.
Scarlet said…
I love the cadence of your words..nice images of playing in the sand of imagination ~

Lovely write ~
Beyond Horizon said…
Into the world of serenity, but How long can those stay? have to wake up in reality.

Nevertheless...Somethings come true only in dreams, Sweet Dreams :)