Feeble Shining



Comments

Mixi said…
A full moon an a foggy winter night.. could totally visualize it.
Mary said…
Wonderful simile, Susie.
Kateri said…
Perfect description of the moon slightly veiled by clouds.
Unknown said…
Cataract eye... ideal descriptor!
Jennifer Wagner said…
'cataract eye' is perfect!
Scarlet said…
I think I have seen this same vision from my window ~

Excellent capture of the winter night Susie ~
Laura said…
beautiful image you've painted with words and your photo is wonderful... the moon has been so bright the past few nights casting dancing shadows on the snow through the trees... tonight the clouds will cover the luminance as a new storm is passing through.
Kerry O'Connor said…
This made me smile for sheer pleasure, Susie. That simile is so musical and so exactly spot on... wish I'd thought of it first.
Hannah said…
Oh, wow, Susie!! I enjoy this likening SO much...very apt!
Marian said…
huh, i think i recognize her :)
ScottlB said…
Wandering from shadow to shadow, nice picture great descriptive poem.
Sherry Blue Sky said…
This is very beautiful and conveys the darkened December mood so well. The way you have it arranged on the image would make it a perfect art card.
GoddessChhavi said…
Wow! Susie! I SO LOVE it!! Beautiful and blissful!!
Herotomost said…
I know that moon well....we are old frinds. I love the way you have been so creative with your writing lately, your formats are alot of fun.Great work Susie and I need to go and buy your book! Damn it, I am always late to the party.
Kay L. Davies said…
Oh, Susie, this could have been me. Before my first cataract surgery, I was driving my brother's new SUV through the mountains of British Columbia, and blaming the falling snow for my faulty vision. Turned out to be a cataract, but who knew?
A great description here, Susie, and I love how you have it on the photo. Obviously, I don't have enough nifty software. So I find myself being admiring and envious at the same time, LOL.
K
Margaret said…
Wowzers this is amazing! Short and packs a punch... and I reread it three times. JUST PERFECT.
Jim said…
Susie, I am intrigued with your feeble shining like the ancient female. I can hardly imagine this but the cataract eye gives a hint.

It is a poem that I will remember, thank you.
..
stunning imagery!!! LOVE this!