An Infectious Insane

Viewing life with a flawed telescope
A lense warped by living amongst humans
Their antics causing me to think I’m insane

The homo sapiens I know are consumed with self
To laugh at their own mistakes a thought so foreign
I totally appreciate the humor in mine

My choices in love seem to all verge on tragic
Too many tears have fallen spotting my shirt
I laugh at my ignorance to bring healing to my present

Money has come to my wallet and too quickly spent
Wall Street has raped my retirement
A jump from my window would only produce a grunt
Because I am located on the first floor

The best education is certainly a goal worthwhile
But when learning displaces all common sense
I find my average education superior to those ivy league

Come enjoy life with me it is filled with days that are too short
To be lived in psychiatrist offices receiving prescriptions for pills
Just stand next to me as I spread my disorder an infectious insane

Comments