Feminine Shedding #WWUC @NWCreativeUnion

Mara Lets Down Her Hair ~ ©Charles Elliot


Tied to a cell phone and a schedule
I played the dollar game for ten hours.

With sundown, I shed my corporate persona
like a snake crawling out of its skin.

Climbing the ladder in spiked heels
is an exhausting shuffle between

exercising my feminine intuition
and proving I have the “balls” to get things done.

All I want for the next couple of hours
is to stare into the bottom of a wine glass

to forget there is a good ole boy food chain
and let my hair down to the music of Samantha Fish.



©Susie Clevenger 2012




Joanne Elliot provided the amazing photography
of her husband, Charles Elliot as inspiration for our creativity.

Comments

Ella said…
I want to hang out with you! ;D
This sounds fun and I love all the words that made me feel like I wanted to unwind~