Noise of Unfounded Complaint


I hear the noise
of unfounded
complaint.

It is nothing
more than
self proclaimed
misery.

Release me
from my futility
of comforting you.

You are still writing
the same dialogue
with your tongue

that I heard
from the first
moment of knowing you.

Your attitude
has tattered
my peace,

caused my smile
to turn into the gritted
teeth of a shrew.

I doubt my own sanity
to continue having
my ears abused.

There is so much
I would like to toss
back at you,

but then I would
be no better than
your whining twin.

I shall end
this friendship
with quiet withdrawal.

Goodbyes have always
been painful for me….
that is until today.



© Susie Clevenger 2012
Shay's challenge at Real Toads 
was to write about what it is that makes us snap,
to get on our last nerve, to...well, I think you have
the picture. This is my contribution. 

Comments

Fireblossom said…
Ugh, people like this are just joy and energy vampires. I love the way you wrote about this.
Scarlet said…
I would go far away from these people...I think goodbyes are the best way to do it ~
Anonymous said…
susan, your poem is lyrical and
meaningful - a fine stance.

and so true - some 'friendships"
are peace zappers.
hedgewitch said…
Boy one of my prime stressers here--you expressed that sense of disgust that starts to bleed back onto your own self the longer you hang around and listen--wise move getting the heck out. I esp. like the first stanza--it's very balanced, intense, and succinct.
Kerry O'Connor said…
Sometimes it is difficult to cut the malcontents out ones life..this poem shows why it should be done.
Lolamouse said…
Well, if you think YOU have it bad, let me tell you about MY problems...
Hannah said…
Oh, yes. I was taking it as the inner self pity mode that we can sometimes fall victim of. I may be totally off though. Great writing, Susie!!
Sherry Blue Sky said…
Oh I SOOOOOOOOOOO relate. I have developed Phone Phobia because of calls that invade my inner peace. And Lolamouse's comment made me laugh out loud.