Love's Warmth


Memories dance
in stained glass sunlight
comforting me
with their peace.

The warmth of love
has eased goodbye’s pain.
My heart given rebirth
from a stone of grief
into a song of freedom.


©Susie Clevenger 2012
Photograph: dipity.com



Ella introduced the “art of assemblage” on Real Toads,
From the book ,Objects of Reflection, by Annie Lockheart.

My objects of reflection:
 Milk glass vase-memories
Peace signs-peace
Butterfly-rebirth
Photographs-love
Window-stained glass
Bird-freedom

Comments

Laurie Kolp said…
I love reading your list and seeing what you come up with... which is beautiful.
Kay L. Davies said…
I love this, Susie. It is so true, the warmth of love does ease the pain of loss, sometimes sooner, sometimes later, but it does.
K
Susie Clevenger said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susie Clevenger said…
Thank you Kay..2011 was a huge year of loss and I am beginning to heal.
Mary said…
Susie, I just loved the last two lines of this poem. May 2012 continue to be good for you!
Susie Clevenger said…
Thank you Mary...may 2012 bless you.
Margaret said…
Memories dance
in stained glass sunlight

There are times at church I get so mesmerized by the stained glass that I stop listening to the priest talking. :)
Ella said…
Wonderful, I love the ending and how you collected your view~ May you continue to heal~
Susie Clevenger said…
Margaret..stained glass fascinates me. I have a large stained glass piece in my bathroom window and I never tire of just watching how the light shines through it.
Kerry O'Connor said…
The warmth of love
has eased goodbye’s pain...

Such lovely words.