The Normal Part of Being Crazy

Descriptions of being just like someone else
don’t fit me and frankly give a fright.
A carbon copy is void of originality. 

Living in my own mind I give tickets 
to those who wish to travel there,
an itinerary written in verse.

Why follow those marching before you?
Your own path lies in the direction you wish.
Train your feet to follow imagination’s avenue.

There are those who will command sameness from you,
to be different is equated with being crazy.
Unique separates itself from the every day.

It is within my eccentricities I find peace.
I am not constrained to view the world
with the eyes of cookie cutter perception.

A collection of disconnected connections
where the only thing expected is the unexpected,
for me that is the normal part of being crazy.


©Susie Clevenger 2010

Comments

Old Egg said…
Having had a visit from you I thought I had better see what you had written and you blew me away with your prolific posts. You even in one bemoaned the loss of inspiration and putting only three posts up for the day!

I always thought that taking the straight and narrow path was a bit of a cop out when there were always those interesting little byways you can explore when you brain says "why don't you say that?"

I just love the club we belong to. I'll meet you again I am sure.
Susie Clevenger said…
Thank you oldegg...I do write a lot. It seems inspiration comes almost every day. The days it doesn't I feel like I have been hit below the belt. See you in blogword again at some point.