Love Is Not A Chocolate

Valentine love quotes written in gold
Shiny sentiments penned by another
Trail across a purchased card
Quoted endearments hoped to share
What lies in an enamored heart

Romantic songs fill the air with melodies
Full of I will love you forever
A rose filled vase adorns a table
Covered in a white appliqued lace cloth

My darling I truly appreciate your attempts
To demonstrate your love for me with
All the trappings of the world’s view of romance
But love is not a chocolate in a heart shaped box

It is your smile when you spot me in a crowd
Taking my hand as we cross the street
Holding me when I can do nothing but cry
Listening when I have something to say

You show your love for me every day
Not on just one set aside on a calendar
The love you freely give to me each day
Makes every one a Happy Valentine’s Day

Comments

LARRY said…
So true my dear ......xoxoxoxoxo.....LARRY