Life Is A Musical

With infectious smile she tells me life is a musical
Just listen and you can hear its songs
With arms open she bids me to come dance

In her embrace I hear her heart’s drumbeat of passion
A rhythm arousing desire to play its song through me
With a twirl I hear a melody of joy in her laughter

As I hold her hand she tells me to listen to nature’s orchestra
Life in its movements of season to season
The tinkling bells of spring to the cold dirge of winter

We dance closer to the street as I hear the clashing cymbals of traffic
Metallic strings in a rock and roll chorus
Trying to hurry life on to an even faster pace

In our steps she conveys life is not without sorrow
The hymn of peace sung to a broken heart
Followed by the anthem of encouragement you are not alone

We continue to embrace as she teaches me life’s songs
Knowing it soon would have to end
In my heart I will always be dancing with her
Her teaching on the music of life now has my ears tuned to listen
No longer will I spend my life  in just the passage of time
But fill it with hearing the melodies of living

Comments